Medical Adhesive Related Skin Injury is a big problem!
- A recent study showed that 90% of individuals using insulin pumps experienced dermatological complications from insulin infusion sets.
- For intravenous chemotherapy patients, the prevalence of skin damage at insertion sites has been documented at 29.83%
- Incidents of adhesive related skin damage in nursing home settings has been recorded as high as 15.5%
What else do I need to know?
- MARSI occurs when skin becomes injured or irritated from the removal of a bandage or medical device.
- MARSI includes skin tearing, inflammation, drying, cracking, scarring, stripping, pigmentation loss, hypersensitivity, and even deep tissue infection.
- MARSI is especially prevalent and significant for those with sensitive skin, for children, geriatrics, those with compromised immune systems, and those who chronically use adhesively secured medical products (diabetics, cardiovascular patients, nursing home and geriatric patients, users of transdermal patch therapy, and chemotherapy patients, to names a few).
As prominent as the occurrence of MARSI is in these populations, the safe removal of these products has been generally overlooked by patients and care-givers. Until Now!
How can Mirabalm help?
Mirabalm effectively reduces or eliminates MARSI for patients & consumers, while relying on powerful and nurturing oils such as Jojoba, Tea Tree, Peppermint, Sweet Orange, and Vitamin E to provide relief for tired and sensitive skin.
Mirabalm is 100% natural and makes the removal of transdermal and medical adhesive devices so simple AND pain free. Each of Mirabalm’s ingredients is found in nature, and has been thoughtfully selected. The combination of these ingredients results in a gentle yet powerful product that, when used as directed, penetrates fiber or cloth based adhesive products, dissolving the adhesive that has bonded to the skin from the outside. Once dissolved, the adhesive product will then slide or lift from the skin without painful prying and pulling, or causing mechanical stress to skin tissue.
While several products are currently available on the market to assist in the removal of medical adhesives, their ingredients are deeply concerning. Many of these products are alcohol based which strips the skin of its natural oils and can lead to drying, cracking, and skin stripping. Some contain Cocamide DEA and Diethanolamine, both of which are known in the state of California to cause cancer or reproductive harm.
Mirabalm contains no synthetics and is free from parabens, phthalates, heavy metals, pesticides, toxic chemicals, petroleum, and GMOs. Our ingredients are responsibly sourced, cruelty free, gluten free, nut free, vegan, and kosher.
Mirabalm has been developed to appeal to consumers and clinicians who:
- Require medical treatment that relies on adhesive patches
- Want to minimize pain and discomfort for their loved ones or patients
- Want a product made of pure, natural ingredients
- Want a product that nurtures tired and stressed skin
- Want a product that is free of chemicals that can cause cancer and have other harmful effects in the body
- Want a product that does not contain petroleum based ingredients